Vein Clinic (Vascular Services)
The Veins Clinic is provided at Lewisham Hospital, and diagnoses and treats dieseases that are related to veins and arteries.
020 3192 6153
What conditions does the clinic treat?
The clinic treats many different conditions, including:
- Varicose veins
- Venous ulcers
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Venous eczema
- Leg swelling
Who is the Vein Clinic for?
The clinic is for any patient with a vein condition who has been referred by a GP.
What if surgery is required?
If surgery if required, it will usually be carried out in the Riverside Treatment Centre, which is in the Orange Zone at Lewisham Hospital. See hospital map >>
You can call the Riverside Treatement Centre on 020 8333 3268.
You can find further information about surgical procedures here.
Why choose the Lewisham Vein Clinic?
- The team are outstanding in the modern treatment of varicose veins and venous disease
- The department has an international reputation of excellence in the field of minimally invasive vein surgery and surgeons from all over the UK and overseas come for training
- My Chaloner and Mr Sweeney were the first surgeons in London and the South East to use special laser techniques to treat vein reflux
- 90% of cases are operated on under local anaesthetic
- Mr Eddie Chaloner (Consultant Surgeon)
- Mr Aaron Sweeney (Consultant Surgeon)