Lewisham's Outpatient Physiotherapy service provides assessment and treatment for a wide range of clinical conditions, including:
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (e.g. joint and muscle injuries)
- Neurological Rehabilitation (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis or after a stroke)
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women's Health
- Paediatric Physiotherapy
- Falls Rehabilitation
What facilities and treatments are available?
The Outpatient Physiotherapy Service provides a variety of facilities and treatments, including:
- One to One Musculoskeletal Assessment and Treatment
- Group classes including:
- Rehabilitation Gymnasium
Where is the Outpatient Physiotherapy service located?
Outpatient Physiotherapy is predominantly provided in the Therapy Building at University Hospital Lewisham, situated in the Blue Zone.
We also offer physiotherapy assessments and treatments at sites other than University Hospital Lewisham. This is designed to make it easier for members of the community to access our services.
Physiotherapy services are currently available at the following locations:
- University Hospital Lewisham, Lewisham High Street, SE13 6LH
- South Lewisham Health Centre, 50 Conisborough Crescent, Catford, SE6 2SP
- Downham Health and Leisure Centre, 7-9 Moorside Road, Bromley, BR1 5EP
- Grove Medical Centre, Windlass Place, Deptford, SE8 3QH
- The Waldron Health Centre, Stanley Street, Deptford, SE8 4BG
Although we make every effort to offer all patients a full choice of location, some conditions may require treatment at a certain place.
How can you get an appointment?
Patients are referred to the service by their GP or consultant. Patients can also self-refer to our private physiotherapy service.
How can you contact the department?
The Department is open between 7.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday, and can be contacted using the following:
T: 020 8333 3148
F: 020 8333 3089
Who are the key staff?
All of our physiotherapists are state registered by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP). We have senior physiotherapists with specialties in musculoskeletal conditions, hydrotherapy, women’s health, paediatrics, amputee rehabilitation, neurology and respiratory conditions. All therapy staff employed by Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust participate regularly in robust appraisal and teaching programmes.
Are you a Band 5 physiotherapist wanting to expand your knowledge?
If so you may like to attend one of our training evenings taking place next year. See the flier below for more details.
What else do I need to know?
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment as physiotherapy appointments do run to time
- On arrival you may be asked to complete a short questionnaire regarding the condition for which you are attending physiotherapy
- If you have a lower back, hip, knee or ankle problem, please bring a pair of shorts with you (if possible) to wear during your assessment and subsequent treatment sessions
- Equally, if you have a neck, upper back or shoulder problem, you may wish to wear a vest / strap top during your consultation
- Other language or BSL interpreters can be booked to assist you, if required