Respiratory Nursing Team
The respiratory nursing team supports the care of patients admitted to hospital with both Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and asthma.
T: 0208 333 3000 Ext: 6178
What services are provided?
Some of the services that we offer include:
- Education and appropriate support on discharge.
- Close working with community services and home visits for patients who require oxygen
- COPD supported discharge service which allows us to discharge patients from hospital and continue their care at home.
- Two respiratory nurse clinics per week
- A spirometry technician who supports practices in performing spirometry which helps with the diagnosis of asthma and COPD.
- A Pulmonary rehabilitation service and refer patients with COPD into this service.
- We work closely with the stop smoking service.
How can you get a referral?
Patients can be referred by any healthcare professional.
Why choose the Lewisham Respiratory Nursing Team?
- We work closely with COPD key workers in the GP practices and community matrons in keeping patients at home whenever possible.
- We try to be flexible in our approach to care and if a patient with severe COPD can be seen at home rather than attending a clinic then we will try and achieve this whenever possible.
- We have an equipment library that allows us to loan out both oxygen and nebulizers in an attempt to support patients at home.