Sexual Health and HIV Services in our Hospitals
We offer Sexual Health and HIV Services at:
The Trafalgar Clinic at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich
The Alexis Clinic at University Hospital Lewisham
The Trafalgar operates for Greenwich residents a referral only service.
If you live in the Royal Borough of Greenwich services have been updated to include extended hours in sexual health clinics across the borough and free home testing kits.
Go to: www.greeenwichsexualhealth.org for information on sexual health services available to you.
The Trafalgar Clinic is a Sexual Health and HIV Unit providing a free, confidential and open access service.
The Trafalgar clinic provides a range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for the management of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Our emphasis is on infection prevention and health promotion.
Drop-in clinics and booked appointments are available and we have male and female doctors and nurses. If you have a preference as to who you see, please inform reception and we will try our best to accommodate you.
Our screening and treatment for sexually transmissible infections and HIV is free of charge and available to those who need it. There is no upper age limit. The Trafalgar Clinic has a ‘fast track’ service for young people under the age of 16.
More information on the Trafalgar Clinic at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich
The Alexis Clinic is Lewisham Hospital's centre for treating outpatients and inpatients with HIV in a confidential, comprehensive and patient-centred manner.
What services does the department provide?
The department provides a wide range of services including:
- Management and treatment of HIV and opportunistic infections led by Specialist Consultant and Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Specialist HIV/TB clinics
- Specialist Pharmaceutical advice, medicines information and therapeutic drug monitoring. Confidential prescription dispensing, adherence support and HIV homecare delivery scheme
- Specialist Nutritional advice from Specialist Dietician
- Specialist ante-natal care and Specialist Midwife led clinics
- Sexual Health and contraception services for registered patients