Radiology at Lewisham Hospital
We provide an extensive Radiology service to assist in the diagnosing of trauma and disease.
We are very busy department, seeing a variety of patients referred to us from A&E, outpatient clinics, hospital wards and GPs. We aim to provide a 24-hour emergency service.
T: 020 8333 3047
The Department is open is from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
What services are provided?
We undertake a variety of examinations for GPs and hospital medical staff from plain radiographs (for example chest x-rays), ultrasounds, more complex CT and MRI scans and interventional procedures. The Department has strict guidelines to ensure that the minimum radiation dose is given and keeps its equipment and staff up to date with the latest available technology.
What facilities are available?
- Four general x-ray rooms
- Four main ultrasound rooms
- Four obstetric ultrasound rooms (located in the Women's Health Department)
- A dedicated room for adult digital screening
- A multi-slice CT scanner
- An MRI Suite
- An x-ray theatre
- Nuclear medicine gamma camera
- Separate A&E X-ray department
How can you get a referral?
Patients are referred from A&E, outpatients clinics, theatres, GPs, mental health organisations and other hospitals.
Why choose the Radiology Department at Lewisham?
- The Radiology Department comprises around 60 full and part-time staff, including consultant radiologists, radiographers, radiographic helpers, nurses and administrative and clerical staff. All staff are committed to providing high-quality care for patients and have extensive expertise.
- The Radiology Department has been extensively refurbished in recent years, and recently opened a brand new state-of-the art radiology suite complete with two refurbished x-ray rooms, brand new x-ray machines and a bespoke recovery area.