Visiting Times at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Visiting times at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
All adult inpatient ward areas
- Open visiting at all times for immediate family or carer only (as identified in the care plan) unless ward staff advise otherwise
- Visiting for all other visitors from 3pm - 8pm.
- Two visitors are allowed at a time unless exceptional circumstances apply and agreed by the nurse or midwife in charge.
Areas with Special Visiting Arrangements
The following areas have special visiting arrangements in place and are specific to the needs of the unit:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - 12pm to 5.00pm and 6pm to 7.30pm
- High Dependency Unit (HDU) - 12pm to 5pm and 6pm to 7.30pm
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Parents can visit at any time.
- Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) - Parents can visit at any time. Other visitors can visit at any time but only when accompanied by a parent.
- Paediatrics (Children’s Wards) - Parents can visit at any time.
- Maternity - Delivery Suite (Labour Ward) - Anytime
These hours can be found on the Trust website or directly from the unit itself.
• Visitors are limited to 2 per bed
• We ask visitors not to sit on beds to help us with infection control
• Please check with the Ward Manager if you would like children to visit you while in Hospital
• If children do visit, please encourage them not to sit or crawl on the floor or disturb other patients