Family Nurse Partnership
The Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) provides a home visiting service to support young first time mothers (aged 22 years and under) from early pregnancy until their child is two years old.
Various locations across Lewisham
0203 049 2444
What services are available?
The FNP offers a number of services, including:
- Home visiting and health promotion programmes to support parents
- Promoting parent and child attachment
- Support to young parents to access other services
- Help with behavioural change that will have a positive impact on health and well-being
- Focus on the needs of the child and their development
How can you access the service?
Pregnant women (aged 22 years and under) can refer themselves to the service - if they are less than 28 weeks pregnant - by calling 0203 049 2444 or emailing LH.FNP@nhs.net.]
Why use the FNP?
- The FNP aims to improve maternal health during pregnancy, to achieve the best outcomes for mother and baby, and enhance the child’s health and development by helping parents provide the best possible care
- The FNP works in partnership with parents and helps them to make the changes in their life that will help them and their child achieve their goals and dreams
- The FNP team expanded by three family nurses in 2013
Kathleen Cruise (Family Nurse Supervisor)